If your corona passport documentation was not issued in Denmark, the same rules apply as if your documentation was issued in Denmark.
Your foreign corona passport can be documented both electronically and by presenting printed documentation.
Documentation of vaccination
If you were vaccinated outside Denmark, your vaccination must meet the following requirements:
- The vaccine must be approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
- You will receive a valid corona passport 14 to 42 days after the date of your first vaccination. In addition, you will receive a valid corona passport immediately after you have been fully vaccinated. If vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson you will have a valid corona passport after 14 days after your (only) vaccination.
- Another approved vaccination process involves receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine for the first jab and an mRNA vaccine (Spikevax (from Moderna) or Comirnaty (from Pfizer/BioNTech) for the second.
If you have received an EMA-approved vaccine abroad and you have a Danish CPR-number and NemID or MitID, you can register your vaccination process on sundhed.dk after which it must be certified by a doctor. Once you have done this, the vaccination information will be issued electronically and you will have a valid corona passport.
So far, the EMA has approved the following vaccines against covid-19:
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Johnson & Johnson - Janssen Pharmaceutical
- Novavax (Nuvaxovid)
How is previous covid-19 infection documented?
If you have previously tested positive for covid-19 after taking a PCR test, you can use this as documentation after 11 days by presenting the test result from your positive test. The documentation will be valid for 5 months.
Both PCR tests and rapid antigen tests (RAT) can be used as evidence that you have been tested negative for covid-19 . You can then take these tests on a regular basis during your stay in Denmark.
Please note that the rapid antigen test is not longer offered by the Danish authorities. However, it is available for a fee at private test centres.
You can be tested here